There are all kinds of wearable technologies on the market today; tracking steps, calories, speed, heart rate, velocity, power, etc. We live in a era where technology is king and we are all connected, and at times over connected.
But how can you benefit from a strength wearable?
- Goal Setting: as a former athlete, we have worked out all our lives. Every day we had something scheduled for us, practices, gym sessions, classes, etc. When that is all over it is hard to go to the gym with a plan and goals. Using a wearable like Beast, you can schedule your workout, and you can use the data to set and obtain goals.
- Workout Planning: when going to the gym, most of us take a water bottle, phone or music player, towel, headphones, and a notebook. With Beast, you can condense that list as the app allows you to create workouts or free train and pick your exercises as you go and save it all. Then you can use the web portal as your journal. No leaving it in the gym or unable to read your writing because you couldn’t feel your arms while trying to write in your loads.
- Motivation: With a wearable like Beast you are able to track and analyze many different datas and trends. You can use this to see where you are, from where you started and can see the gains, even before your body starts changing. Your body takes weeks to catch up with your training, and most people (myself included) have or will quit because they aren’t seeing results. With instant feedback you will always be able to see your progress and use that to push through the tough times and take your training to the next level.
- Auto-Regulation: using a strength tracker like Beast and using VBT principles you can base your workouts and your loads based on your body that day. We all have stress in our lives and it effects and affects us in different ways. Using speed as a measure you can find the right way to train on any given day without feeling like you completely wasted a workout. Life happens, auto-regulation helps you keep pushing though.
- Community: not all of us belong to a club or lifting #crew, and as a former athlete you were always used to working out in a group, feeding off others, and using them as motivation and challenge. With Beast you are part of community, you can create groups with friends, colleagues, etc even if they are far away and you can compare and compete using the online web portal. You also have tons of community support thorough social media interaction and you can feel that drive, motivation, and support from being a part of a community.
As a former athlete it is not always easy to just go into a workout, usually most athletes need a little more, having the data, instant feedback, and a way to track and set goals can help add a missing dimension to your training. Whether you work out in a gym on your own, or in a group, wearables can help give you the tools and data you need to always keep moving forward.
Keep chasing your dreams and training goals! #knowyourbeast